Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The way of the gentleman

There is a weird, maybe even creepy phenomenon in my life. I tend to look for older men. The more accurate statement would be that I am attracted to older men, period.  When I say older it varies. It has only been the difference of 3-5 years but it has also been 7+years older and twice now 20+years older. Eww, did you say? Yep, I get it.  When I think back to those times I have often wondered what drove me to that.

Upon first inspection it seems an obvious case of daddy issues. However, I have come to a very peaceful place with my father. One that allows me no real anger or regret for my upbringing. This is what happened to me; this is how the God in me saw fit to experience my childhood ;this is a part of my past and thereby an element of how I came to be the me that I am, currently. So mark Daddy issues off the list!

It hit me just the other day that the reason I prefer older men is because they tend to be of my way of thinking. Sure age, is just a number (blah, blah) but the older the more it does increase the odds of an older-fashioned mind as I am. To be more blunt...there is more of a chance of finding a true gentleman, rather than the modernized way of thinking of men today.

I don't know if there is anymore I can say about that. I guess I'm just a woman stuck in a time period in which I don't belong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment