Sunday, August 10, 2014

To you

Dear You,
This note is to you, not out of anger or even the sadness, but rather, words my heart needs to say. You helped me become who I am. You struggled beside me when I lashed out, raged and cried. You saw me transform. You saw me break away. See, I needed you. You were supposed to be there for my ride, maybe I was there for yours as well, but now, that's over. I don't know if this means we are done, but I do know that I must leave you to find your way, as I am mine. If the fates see it true, then we'll meet again, but if not, I'm okay. I know you will be fine too. I know this because we had a decade of each other. We had times of sharing every thought and then many others of opposing each one. Both of us trudged on even when there were lots of moments I wanted to give up. It's easy to say that a mistake was made, but I don't subscribe to the easy route. You were meant to be there, as I was in yours. We learned. We grew. I don't, nor ever will regret you. I wish you well, my dearest old friend. Sadness still aches in my heart, I promise, but those shadows won't remain in the light of my new life. The one that I am boldly reaching for, even now as I write this farewell.

Always,
Your first Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment