Saturday, September 13, 2014

Near Life

I had my very first car accident about 2 months ago. For accuracy's sake, I will say the first mva as an adult. When that car hit the side of my car, I remember very little, except a resignation. A part of me thought that this was the end of it all. I heard myself screaming, but felt outside of my body while doing it. There was a calm that I could never fully narrate. When the ball of metal finally came to a stop, I stumbled out of the car in a haze of unbelievable gratitude. Honestly, there was a lot of shock involved as well.

Since that day, things have changed for me in a way I never thought would happen. I find myself unable to allow a negative thought to sustain; instead I constantly hear this voice whispering,  "I am alive". My only real comment is that it is a shame an event of this magnitude is what it takes to teach me how to live...truly LIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment