Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Noodle Soup


"Hi, my name is Catherine and I am a Noodle Soup-aholic"
 

Is it really a soup? Oh you know what I'm talking about…Ramen Noodles, Maruchen or cup of noodle. All walks of life have had the pleasure of this dish at one time or another in their life. In fact, for the less fortunate it is quite the cuisine. Low income families, college students, single people or even those of us with less than perfect culinary skills choose Ramen Noodles as a staple in our homes. The jury seems to still be out on whether it is actually bad for you or not. Obviously it is not good but the only real drawback is the sodium levels. The next question that must be begged is how do you eat your Ramen? I like to cook two packs and keep a lot of broth so that I may dump in a ton of smooshed (oh It's a word) up crackers. Mmm, there is nothing like soup soaked crackers. Let us not forget the perfect noodle length. There are those of us that would defile the noodle and pre-break it up so that it will daintily place upon our forks. This is opposed to the sloppy, slurping of noodles hitting up against our chins when the fork will not tame the wild few. Guess which one I like?

In direct opposition to my disheveled way of eating Noodle Soup my sister likes very little broth. I would cook her packaged noodles; take it out of the broth and place in the bowl dry. Then we add ice cubes that will melt upon contact and create a lukewarm broth, eh gads! And yes, she wanted the noodles actually cut up with a knife before she would take a bite.


Now that those questions have been answered, how about which flavor do you like? There is Oriental, Beef, Chicken, Pork, Shrimp and even a Chili kind. Now those are just the kind I have found. Personally, I like Oriental the best but in truth, they all do taste too similar to differentiate.


How do you like your Noodle Soup if you dare to step out into the light and proclaim, "Yes, I eat Noodle Soup"?

1 comment:

  1. Boil water, add Ramen noodles, boil 3 min, drain water, add seasoning. MMMMMMMMM. Cheap and yummy!

    ReplyDelete