Sunday, September 26, 2010

Service?


Customer service. Gasp...yes, I said CUSTOMER SERVICE.  How about lowering our standards to account for our ever-evolving society leading us further and further away from that personal touch and just expect SERVICE!  Where has it gone? How is it in a world with a population explosion does that translate to decreased customer service? We have more people that are in need of services. We have more people able to provide services. What am I missing?

Recently, I have been having some major car problems. I took it to the mechanic that I have been exclusively using for 6 years+. He supposedly 'fixed' it after giving me the price that was $100.00 MORE
than a dealer. Yes, you heard me right...MORE THAN A DEALER. My car started. I was ecstatic! In the following week though my service engine light never went off and it stalled on me twice. I called this man and his only answer was that I bring it back in days later and he 'would see". He was not guaranteeing me no charge though. Again, yes you heard right.... it was not an absolute that he would not charge me to complete the job he had already agreed to do. Please, someone, tell me how this has become acceptable? I paid him to do a job that was not done. Black and white!!!

This is merely the most recent example of customer service fails; there have been many.  I wonder if they think there are soo many of us that one person dissatisfied will not affect their business. Are they just trying to see what they can get away with, perhaps? I don't know the answer. I do know that I wish I could send this out to the world and especially businesses to enlighten them. I will pay $100 more out of loyalty to a good mechanic. I will drive further than the local jiffy lube to get my oil changed to get service from a place that smiles at me and treats me like a person. Customer service is something we should expect. 

Bob Dumas of G105 had it right...DO NOT pull up at that McDonalds window!!! Make them satisfy you before they get to move on to the next customer in order to satisfy their "numbers". We must begin to demand our rights again!

I'm sure you have a story or two as well, do share below.

No comments:

Post a Comment