Sunday, July 10, 2011

Actions Vs. Words

Being a lover of words, I am easily seduced by such. A grand promise of things too good to be true...a half-hearted apology or excuse...a tiny glimmer of decency can persuade me to believe, so foolishly. It has taken many lessons to learn that it is the actions that truly do speak the truth, not my beloved words. Trust me I come to this conclusion with a broken heart in hand. This weekend I was shown the difference and the final nail was carved into my romantic delusions.

I guess I should say thank you to him. Thank you for finally allowing me to see the real you. Thank you for taking away my childish ideals that had clung for so long to this silly heart of mine. Thank you for allowing the long held tears to flow through my body and soul. Thank you for finally giving me the courage to scream out in pain. Thank you for this lesson so I will never be hurt again.

1 comment:

  1. ....Am I gonna have to hurt someone?

    I know I'm not any better but I am trying to work on it whether you notice or not. I have little victories and defeats all the time, Eventually I'll be better.

    ReplyDelete