Monday, August 29, 2011

Tattoo

I want a tattoo! It's funny how people don't think this of me. As a matter of fact I get quite the open-jawed response when I mention my desire for a tattoo. I'm assuming this is due to the stereotypes associated with this act, that may seem far removed from the person I am generally perceived as. That said, people get tattoos for many, many reasons.

One of the most common stereotypical groups is when a person of ...grit(for lack of a better word) that wants something equally rough on their bodies to announce to the world that they are just that. Then there is the less conscious bodies that end up with permanent markings on their body due to dares, alchohol/drugs or a lost bet. A whole other brand of people are the ones that get cutsy markings on their person to grab attention. They get the artist to put these in those secret places that only special people get to find out about. They use this as a weapon of mystery to taunt, more often than not, the opposite sex.

Now lets come to my particular  reason...I want something sacred on my body that I can look to every day and remind myself of the journey I am on. I believe in the intention of any one thing to be a powerful object, therefore anything I write on my body will be just that. So beyond the words that will remind me to continue seeking I will also get words of protection written for a super specific reason that I will not unveil at this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment