Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Glass House

My writing has been attacked...again! It has stalled my fingers from writing these past several days! A few people of whom I am intimately acquainted describe my blog as negative, bitter and basically dismal(that one was my word). They are accusing me of not representing myself correctly here, as I am in life. I must correct that, one is, the other is quick to say that at the core of me, I am bitter and that comes through in my writing. Let me be explicit for the record, I was even informed that the reason I didn't have more followers was due to this..."who would want to read such negative things?" I don't know how to set this aside and move on, truthfully. That people whom know me can't understand this, my passion, my place to release all monsters in my head, troubles me to no end. I could confess to how this pains me intimately. I could go on and on, detailing how wrong I believe them to be but rather...I write the chaos down, out of my heart and soul, allowing me to breathe easier. Removing this "negativity" releases me from the happiness I find once removed from inside.  Here is the place that I built for redemption, salvation, cathartic exhalation...whether you are watching or not my absentee followers...whether you are agreeing or not my ever-loving friends. I bring the hurt here!

1 comment:

  1. Keep Writing!
    It says right there in your intro: this is the place you bring your crazy & your frustrations to vent and get rid of them. Anyone who doesn't want to read that part of you isn't willing to see the whole of you. Anyone who thinks that this is the only or "core" part of you is blinding themselves to the beauty and kindness that is so much a part of you. And anyone who thinks that "...who would want to read such negative things?" should watch the nightly news or pick up a newspaper & read an editorial. There are 1000s of people who get paid big money to be way more depressing and negative than you ever are!
    Keep Writing! Get those negative thoughts out so that they don't poison the good ones! I'll keep reading, because I love you and like seeing both what you think about things, and how writing about them makes you a happier person!

    ReplyDelete