Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Thoughts

I think I'm supposed to do a Mother's Day blog. My brainstorming before pounding these keys gave me little insight into what I  want to say about it. Actually, I don't  have a lot of feelings on this day. Isn't it another trumped up holiday to aid the card industry? The thought is that there needs to be one day a year were mom's are appreciated. As unrealistic as this might sound, shouldn't that happen everyday and at the very least, happen when it is felt, not forced. Personally, this day is almost a slap in the face to me because I would prefer my son remembers every so often and tell me how much I mean to him, not one day a year. As for gifts, I have never needed them, merely words(written are always nicer) of caring sustain me. Perhaps the name of this day should be, "Mother's Day for those children that are selfish and self-absorbed". Yeah, that would go over well, besides not being very catchy.

On this day, we mother's are supposed to be granted the wish of our hearts. Ironically, if you ask most mom's what they really want from their children it will be things like; leaving me alone for a day, cleaning the house spotlessly without being asked, cease and desist all fighting and back-talking, or like me, just a card/letter telling me you care. This may seem like my opinion only but the radio station G105, actually had mom's call in with these answers. I would say 80% of mothers said they just wanted a day of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment