Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Do-Over

You'd think at the age of 30-something, I'd have most things figured out; wouldn't you? Frig I know I thought I would all those years ago as a young woman, planning my entire life ahead of me. Funny, how plans go. At the very least aren't I supposed to know what I want and how to get it? Wrong again, fate laughs at the very thought I believe. When you have childish questions that should long ago be answered, who do you ask? When you finally find what you think you wanted and you still find yourself unhappy, who do you blame? When you realize you made a mistake, a rash decision, that cost you something beautiful, how do you get it back?  I would like to reinstate "do-overs" from our childhoods. That is what I am upon my soap box lobbying for today.

In a moment of frustration I tell my son, he is a disappointment. Stop. freeze..do-over! I'll take a deep breath and explain to him I am disappointed in his behavior right now and expect better from him.

My pride and anger allowed him to leave my life without a fight. Stop, don't walk out that door yet...do-over! I will remind him that this fight is temporary and what I really want is him forever near me, holding my hand through life.

I tell my co-workers and boss that I don't need or want this job. Stop, whoa forget those sounds...do-over! I am so grateful for this job and look forward to further growth in our company.

My goodness if I could only claim do-overs. I could fix every problem in my life. Oftentimes, as soon as one of these mistakes are uttered from my mouth, I recognize they are just that. Okay, so I changed my mind, the point of this blog is not to demand do-overs but to demand that I gain superpowers to reverse time...do-over!

No comments:

Post a Comment