Saturday, May 7, 2011

My fingers fail so poetry time

Deafened Joy                                                                                                                                                                   

You swept in                                                                                                                                                     
And carried me away
To a magical place
Devoid of distance or time
Neither of us hearing the hazards
Only our hearts reciting,
“I am yours and you are mine”.

The childish happiness
Fed us all the life we needed
I believe we tempted the Gods
With our limitless joy abound
We, each lost in the other
Never knowing fate had other plans
Until the end was shockingly found

I think we always secretly knew
Our  path was a twisted fork
Sensing this result with time
Separate and left crying
Now I am merely pleading
That  life would accommodate
The last request of a heart left dying

No comments:

Post a Comment