Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm a Vampire

Before Stephanie Meyers made them glitter...before Anne Rice brought Tom Cruise and Brad Pit to the darkest depths...even since LA. Banks raised them to the ranks of urban coolness I was a vampire connoisseur. Bram Stoker told the initial tale that caught my eye so long ago. From there I wanted the truth, the historical facts(still in question) of the vampire tales. As we all know there was little romantic about Vlad the Impaler. He was a horrific monster of a man that created the romantic fiction of today. Yet, here I am, still announcing to the world that I, Catherine Ballinger, have a vampire fetish (ew, No, not sexual or...hmm, whats a bite or two?).

I love the darkness. It is in the cloak of night that I am energized. I see the stars and the moon and am transfixed with the glory of it all. Daytime seems so full of ...normal, boring, scheduled, obligatory nothingness. In the early morning hours, before the sun, the world shows it's secrets. I walk among the blue tones of quiet, listening for the truth of our lives. Shh, just listen and you'll hear....

I'm just joking or...am I? I am beginning a new vampire series titled, The Dark Brotherhood this week. I'm pretty excited to step back in this magical world that embraces me with its darkness, equally as it does the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment