Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Googling Love

Even at my current age (let's say over 25), I still struggle with the pubescent questions that seem to plague us entirely too often.  What is the difference between love and being in love? how many different kinds of love are there? ...need I go on? In a true showing of the day, I googled my dilemma. Yep and here is a beautiful excerpt from one a blog I found that brought me down to Earth with a sense of hopeful certainty:


"... When we’re in love we want to spend all our time with the other person; it’s a perfect opportunity to get to know them better, so we can know how best to love them.“I am in love with you” means “You make me feel warm and fuzzy”. By itself, being in love does not guarantee a happy or healthy or long-term relationship. In contrast, “I love you” means “When I have to choose between my desire and your need, I will choose the latter.” Love is a choice and a promise, and while it doesn’t guarantee we will have a happy relationship either – especially if the other person doesn’t reciprocate – it is more likely. We’d all like love and being in love, the action and the emotion, to always go together, but there will be times when they don’t. It’s the choices we make at those times that we see our relationship for what it is: merely a pleasant feeling or commitment..."


I'll let my reader(s) derive what they choose from this but for me, it helped immensely and I wanted to share it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment