Friday, June 3, 2011

Really?!

I just overheard a woman praising God. There is nothing wrong with that part. The thing is just before that moment of divine exclamation I heard her tearing down a family friend (behind her back, of course). How do those two thoughts work in the same "christian" heart?

I have a friend, actually more than one, that believes , not only in pre-marital sex but promiscuity, yet claims this same biblical devotion. In fact, said religious friend has even dismissed me as a romantic interest specifically due to my spiritual leanings. So I'm unclean because I have a more open view of God but he can sleep around and remain this faithful follower.

Lets not forget all the atrocities committed in the name of religion throughout history.

What am I missing? I understand we all have our different views/opinions of God and religion but surely they should all center around promoting and valueing all human life. How could anyone believe God, a higher power, being anything but the purest example of love? How could a superior being, our creator, even a divine source be remotely linked to human flawed emotions such as envy, revenge, hate and even plain anger? Surely such a creature would have risen above such trivialities! Therefore if you are this consecrate soul then shouldn't you understand that your goal is to be like God...loving and kind?I just don't understand ....really!

No comments:

Post a Comment