Friday, June 10, 2011

Lies in Politics? OMG!!!

Guess what...I don't care that Weiner showed his wang to someone on Twitter. As long as that person, be it male or female were consenting of it, I could care less. I do not believe a public figure's personal life has to  impact his politics. I am finding it hard to focus on how to simplify my position. Lets resort to the old cliche about behind closed doors. No one knows who the freaks are while walking around in your daily lives and why should you? If we were held to the same standard as public figures I'm sure many of us would be shamed, stoned or whatever it seems we are attempting to resort to when verbally flogging Mr.Weiner. He was quoted to have given an apology to Bill Clinton. I have no idea why but I have a feeling he felt a kinship of sorts. Another human being...a flawed man, persecuted for matters that are beyond private.

Lets explore that horrible era when a very good president was impeached for a private act. A historical moment based on something that no law should dictate!! I don't even care that he lied "to the American People" as so many self-righteous hypocrites hissed. I would have lied too! In order to protect my privacy, heck ya I'd lie. It was no one's business what he does in his private time.One of the ideals that is spouted is that because he lie about this, he would lie in his government dealings, foreign affairs, etc. Let me tell you so plainly your head may spin...You bet your ass he is going to lie. We are talking about politicians...they all lie! It is their job to lie to us and to others in order to protect the greater good. Do we really want to know each time our safety has been so close to taken?  If you want to argue the pure morality route then I would say we don't know what Hilary and him have going on. For all we know(really do NOT know) they could very well have an agreement, an open marriage of sorts. Again, if that is the agreement between two consenting adults is it not our place to wave the judgement flag.

By no means am I saying I personally approve of either men's actions but what I am saying that it is not my place to decide. It is their life! We do not own that part of them, merely because their job happens to be making laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment